Sunday, December 16, 2007

Visiting Candy



On December 4, I had the blessing of visiting my Compassion child, Candy Gisela. My Compassion friend, Abraham, picked me up at Emmanuel, and we traveled to Candy's town of El Paraiso. Abraham, himself, was a big part of the blessing because God always inspires and encourages me through him. God's hand was definitely in this trip, since we discovered upon arrival that noone knew we were coming! (small miscommunication) Thankfully, though the door and windows were closed when we got to Candy's house, we discovered her at home, happy and very surprised.
We spent a few minutes at the house and then Abraham, Nanita from Candy's Compassion project, and I took Candy to the town of Danli, about 15 minutes away. Candy and I chatted a lot along the way. We ate lunch at a chicken place called Chester's, and then we walked around a small mall and took some pictures with fun Christmas decorations. Next, we went to Danli's beautiful central park where we strolled, relaxed and enjoyed being with each other. After the park, we returned to Candy's home where we spent a few more minutes giving out gifts, taking more pictures, and praying for the family.

I am so blessed to know Candy. She is a beautiful, joyful young girl who loves the Lord.

If you are interested in sponsoring a child, you can find more information at http://www.compassion.com/. It is a real and amazing, life-changing (for children and for sponsors) ministry.

No comments: